In celebration of USA’s National Park Week (April 20-28) we decided to pick and share with you our top 10 parks that we visited during our American Road Trip back in Autumn/Winter 2011.
We spent 79 days in an RV travelling over 5,000 miles from Chicago to LA, and the best part of the trip was, without a doubt, visiting many of the National Parks en route. They are quite simply some of the most amazing places here on earth.
With such spectacular scenery and varied landscapes, the parks are a photographer’s dream.
Take a look at our best shots here, as we show you ten of the best National parks we visited that you must add to your bucket list.
1. Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah
2. Yosemite National Park, California
3. Capitol Reef National Park, Utah
4. Yellowstone National Park, Tantalus Creek, Wyoming
5. Grand Tetons National Park, Jenny Lake, Wyoming
6. Arches National Park, Utah
7. Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
8. Badlands National Park, South Dakota
9. Zion National Park, Utah
10. Death Valley National Park, Zabriskie Point, Nevada
Well it was really difficult to select only 10, so a few more we would recommend…
Wind Cave National Park, South Dakota
Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park, California
Canyonlands National Park, Utah
As you can see from the pictures each National Park has its own unique qualities and appeal. The one that we fell in love with is most definitely Yosemite. Our week there in the ‘fall’ season has inspired us to plan a return visit to the US in July 2014, where we will hike the ‘John Muir Trail’ and see Yosemite in all her glory at the height of summer.
It is amazing to think that there are 401 National parks across the whole of the USA! Do you have a favourite National Park? What other National Parks would you recommend us visiting on our return trip in 2014?